Since becoming an art teacher, I have become more and more intrigued with trying new things. In the water lily painting I used acrylic paint, fiber paste, interference paint, tulle and glitter! In the Dahlia series below (click arrows to see all), I experimented with hot glue, gel medium and tulle. In the abstract calendar, I used a palette knife and interference color.
This piece is created using acrylic paint. tulle and hot glue. I used the hot glue as a design element to add different texture. I had weddings in my mind as I created it!
This piece is made up of 12 individual 12" x 12" canvases, one for each month. I used fiber paste, and interference color in addition to acrylic paint applied with a palette knife and brush.